Hubert Foden Pattinson and Charles William Law Brewer became partners in 1890 and Pattinson & Brewer was born.
The firm was based first at 7 South Square, Gray's Inn, London; moving to Great James Street in 1900.
Early tenancy documents show rooms at 30 Great James Street (still our Head Office) were secured for £3 5s 6d.
The firm's commitment to injured people was recognised by the trade union movement in the early 1920's when the firm began working for the Transport and General Workers Union, led by Ernest Bevin. Links with Equity and the National Union of Rail Workers date back to the 1930s.
The years up to the war were very busy for the firm, with cases under the Workman's Compensation Act. The firm became an acknowledged expert, taking many cases to the House of Lords.
In 1948, the Industrial Injuries Act replaced the Workman's Compensation Act. The concept of labour law emerged and the firm's successful representation of claimants was quickly recognised by other unions including The National Union of Railwaymen, the National Builders' Labourers' Workers' Society and the Printing Machine Trade Society (now incorporated respectively into RMT, Ucatt and Unite).
Our principled approach with the emphasis on justice for the individuals we represent has, over the years, attracted many dedicated solicitors to the firm, who tend to stay with us for many years.
We are proud to be a niche practice dealing with personal injury, employment issues, medical negligence, occupational diseases and injuries, always working to achieve justice for the individual.