Spinal Cord Injury
Surgery or treatment carried out on or close to the spine presents a risk of serious damage to the spine or spinal cord. Injuries or conditions of the spine typically require immediate treatment to avoid the injury worsening or leading to paralysis.
The most common causes of spinal injury due to clinical negligence are:
- Complications of Spinal surgery
- Misdiagnosis or delayed treatment of spinal injury or condition.
- Incorrect performance of a spinal block
- Mistakes from facet joint injections and caudal epidurals
- Severing of the spinal cord with surgical equipment
- Failure to diagnose and treat a tumour, abscess or infection.
- Missed fractures of the neck, back and spine.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Errors handling patients with neck and back injuries
Where possible, Pattinson and Brewer will obtain early part-payments of compensation to help claimant’s adapt their home, start rehabilitation, provide for nursing care, disability aids and specialist equipment.
Pattinson and Brewer are proud supporters of the Spinal Injuries Association.